- AngelList vs. the SEC over general solicitation
- PolitiHacks Digest – 1 July 2013 – Immigration reform, startup visa passes the Senate, what’s next?
- PolitiHacks Digest – 1 July 2013 – Immigration’s Senate success and House troubles ahead
- PolitiHacks Digest – 1 July 2013 – Identifying political decision-makers
- PolitiHacks Digest – 24 June 2013 – Immigration bill enters the Senate end game
PolitiHacks Digest Signup
PolitiHacks Digest will provide weekly updates on Washington DC policy that affects founders.
Tag Archives: PRISM
These folks want your support: StopWatching.us—Oppose government surveillance of us? RestoreTheFourth.net—Meetups around the country for the Fourth of July to end unconstitutional surveillance Tesla Motors—Asks for executive assistance in blocking state laws from halting direct sales (Warning: unclear what the … Continue reading
These folks want your support: StopWatching.us—Oppose government surveillance of us? Support Sen. Moran’s startup visa amendment Lincoln Labs—Local to the Bay Area? Check out this politically-themed hackathon focusing on economic liberty this weekend Got a cause you want to share? Tell … Continue reading
The Washington Post dropped a bombshell that the government was engaged in a massive surveillance program (PRISM) with the compliance of major US tech companies. Opponents are in an uproar; expect another clash between open internet, national security. Critics quickly led to … Continue reading
PolitiHacks Digest – 10 June 2013 – Background: The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Scandal of 2005-6, National Security Letters and the oddly similar Google, Facebook, Apple denials
PRISM and the related Verizon records requests seems to have been authorized following the FISA scandals of ’05-’06.Which is interesting in the context of Obama’s recent nominee to be the next FBI director, who opposed the FISA warrentless wiretapping program, … Continue reading